Vision & Mission
Virginians for the Arts is the statewide organization advocating for a vibrant future for the arts in Virginia communities.
The mission of Virginians for the Arts is to advance the interests of the arts and artists for the benefit of all citizens and communities of Virginia. We will
- Support increased public funding for the arts for the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts;
- Encourage legislative actions that will improve conditions for the arts and artists, and discourage legislation that would affect the arts adversely;
- Communicate regularly with our membership of artists, arts organizations and citizens statewide about advocacy issues and opportunities;
- Assist artists, arts groups, and cultural organizations in their growth and development by providing peer networking and professional education and exchange opportunities; and
- Work to increase public value of and appreciation for the arts in Virginia.